Join Our Team
Five Rings is committed to providing exceptional service to our clients and we need professional, passionate, solution driven people in order to do this. As a successful and growing business, we are always looking for the best talent to join our teams in Melbourne, Sydney and New Zealand.
An opportunity currently exists for an Avionics Engineer with experience in design and certification of avionics and electrical system installations to join our Melbourne team. This role requires proven track record in successfully leading complex projects within the aviation sector. Excellent customer relationship, senior management engagement and project management are key success factors in this position.
We hire people who thrive on solving problems and bring unique, creative solutions to solve our clients’ requirements. We have a culture of accountability and trust our people to make the best decisions for the company and our customers.
We hire people who thrive on solving problems and bring unique, creative solutions to our clients’ challenges. Being a small to medium business means we can be agile; we move quickly and we’re known for always putting our customers’ first. We have a culture of accountability and trust our people to make the best decisions for the company and our customers.
Working within our technical design team, the Avionics Engineer is responsible for overseeing the delivery of projects including:
- Responding to and managing customer enquiries (including project budget, scoping & quoting, tasking of jobs, delivery and deadline);
- Preparing and checking technical data packages;
- Drafting high-quality drawings/wiring diagrams with CAD platforms (AutoCAD and SolidWorks;
- Achieving project targets within the allocated budget and timeframe through effective management;
- Ensuring that our customers receive outstanding support at all times;
- Leading and executing larger projects;
- Assisting with mentoring and developing early career Engineers.
- Must hold an Avionics/Electrical Engineering Bachelor degree qualification;
- 4 years minimum previous experience with aircraft design and certification.
- Familiarity with Civil Aviation Safety Authority Part 21 regulations.
- Advanced CAD skills (SolidWorks and AutoCAD packages or equivalent).
- Project Management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
The remuneration package on offer is very competitive, based on experience. This position has room to grow and be an integral part of the team. This is a full time role, but start and finishing times are negotiable.
Five Rings Aerospace is a dynamic aerospace engineering consultancy company specialising in providing custom design solutions for aircraft modifications, repairs, product design and manufacture. We provide aircraft design services to fixed and rotary wing aircraft operators throughout Australia and the broader Asia Pacific region.
How to apply
Please forward your cover letter and resume via seek. No direct applications.